These are two of the most important things I have had to learn to do. Frank (AKA Coach) has several tips to help me succeed in these areas.
3 Keys to Self-Discipline
1.) Challenge your excuses
2.) Remove rewards until the job is done
3.) Stay focused on the results
and
You will not reach your goals unless....
- You daily focus on desired results!
- What results do you desire?
I found out a few months ago that there is a 50th Anniversary for Wrestling at my High School mid April. Why would I be going for a Wrestling Anniversary? I'm glad you asked! I was a Mat Maid for the wrestling team. (go ahead and laugh at the name, I do) We kept score at matches, fed the wrestlers, and yes, on occasion, had to clean a mat or two. These wrestlers were like my brothers. So when I found out about the "reunion" so to speak, I decided I would go. I needed to set a weight loss goal before I went though! These guys only knew me as that 100 lb. teenager don't forget.
Now if it were up to me, this last 50 lbs. would just fall off in these next few weeks. We know that's not going to happen! So I set a goal for another 10 lbs. at least. I am down 6 of the ten and still have two weeks. To achieve this, I have had to really focus on my desired results, and remove my rewards until my goal is met. I am looking forward to seeing my "brothers" again. I have a lot of fear when it comes to the way I look now and how I will be excepted. I know what I have achieved so far , but they don't. They will see who I am now. I am okay with that. I know I need to keep my focus on the goals at hand to continue on my Quest.
I know how you feel girl... I graduated high school at a 105 pounds, so low I couldn't even give blood when the bloodmobile came to my school. So to go to my twentieth reunion weighing in at 143 was NOT my ideal moment of glory. However, I will say this... when I got there, I was I guess, um... comforted by the fact that pretty much everybody had gained weight, ha ha. It was SO much more than what we looked like, now that we're approaching our 40's it was just about remembering and honoring friendships. I can't wait to hear all about your reunion! ;)
ReplyDelete