Sunday, April 3, 2011

Do Not Excuse Me!

    I can come up with some of THE best excuses for just about anything!  I give excuses to my clients why their hair won't do what they want it to.  I give M plenty of excuses on why things aren't fair in her life.  I give Frank an excuse almost every work out session on why I can't do certain exercises.  I tell myself the most excuses.  I can pretty much convince myself that what I eat is okay.  I blame it on being in a hurry or eating out.  Now I'm not saying that I eat bad all the time.  But it seems that it's much easier to "relax" when I just don't have the time.  Always after one of these episodes, I feel horrible and get pretty angry with what I have done.
   The worst excuses I give are on why I don't want to exercise.  I can't get away with it when I schedule time on my book to go to Frank.  But I know that these two days should not be the only time I get it in.  Remember, I was walk/ running the lake four times a week when I started on this Quest.  I haven't been to the lake since we were training for the 5K four weeks ago.  So, I am setting a goal for this week.  At least three times at the lake.  (Here comes one of my famous excuses...) I doubt I will run any of it because I have a knee that's acting up a bit, but I am going!
   What are your excuses for?  Are they for work or your children or exercise?  What goal can you make this week to stop some of those excuses?  If I give you an excuse on why I can't do something, please don't excuse me!

No comments:

Post a Comment