Saturday, April 30, 2011

Injuries

   Injuries are no fun at all.  For the last two weeks, I have been nursing an injury to my right calf.  I don't know what happened, nor am I going to guess why it did.  All I know is that I have really missed my running.  I have still done my work outs, but with great care not to over do this leg.  Remember, I have a race in four weeks that I am trying to get ready for.  In the last few days, it has felt much better.  Frank got me on the treadmill Thursday to see where the leg was pain and strength wise.  Not running, but walking at an incline very fast.  It felt pretty good.  Hopefully I can get back to speed so I can run this great race.  The Savannah Mile.  The money raised helps local fallen Fire Fighters and Police families.  I really do not want to miss this.  I do not want to fail because of an injury.  Whether or not I am ready for this race, I will do my best to work hard to prepare for it while strengthening my injured leg.  And if any of you want to join me, it's one mile down Drayton St. the Saturday before Memorial Day.  Hope you can join me! I want to share a quote with you my cousin told me.
                
            Failure is just the temporary by-product of the success that lies ahead of you if you persevere.
 
  

1 comment: