I hope all my Mommy friends had a wonderful Mother's Day! As I thought about my Mom through the years yesterday, it made me appreciate and wish many things for her. My Mom is a very strong, determined, fearless, loving woman. In many ways, I have become my Mom and am very grateful for that. She taught me that you can achieve just about anything you work hard for.
Over the years, I have watched my Mom struggle with her weight. You know, diet after diet, trying the newest thing. Every once in a while she'd pull out the old Jane Fonda workout tape. But as I thought about this, I think that's where she lost her battle time after time. I think if she would have had a consistent exercise regimen, she would have succeeded. I also wish she would have instilled that in me. It just wasn't a priority
This led me to think about M. I do not want to constantly be on a diet and stressed over how I feel. It makes for a very stressful childhood. I do not want to put her through that. That's why I will complete this Quest. Not just for me, but for M. Not just to get healthy, but to be able to enjoy our time together without these other stresses that are involved in weight loss.
Amen girl. M needs a mommy who is healthy and HAPPY! ;) Keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDelete